2020 VWMC Conference
September 21-22, 2020
Thank you to everyone who made this event a success! This year’s VWMC Conference was a virtual event. The agenda included the following topics and speakers.
- Keynote Address: Coastal Adaptation and Protection in Virginia – Ann Phillips, Special Assistant for Coastal Adaptation and Protection for the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Coastal Resilience and Living Shorelines – Scott Hardaway, Virginia Institute of Marine Science, College of William and Mary
- Combatting Plastic Pollution: New Developments in Virginia – Katie Register, Clean Virginia Waterways at Longwood University
- Water Scavenging from Roadside Springs in Central Appalachia – Leigh-Anne Krometis, Department of Biological Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech
- Using Source Tracking Data to Identify Sewer Contamination and Sources – Raul Gonzalez, Hampton Roads Sanitation District
- Crowdsourcing Chloride Data: Winter Salt Watch – Emily Bialowas, Izaak Walton League of America
- Assessing Aquatic Life Use in Virginia – Mike Shaver, Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- Your feedback is important to us! If you attended the conference, please let us know your opinions about the event and describe the topics that are of most interest to you for future events. Simply use the link provided to each conference participant via email from Samantha Briggs with GoToWebinar.
- The conference presentations will soon be available. A link to the recordings will be sent to all participants.
- If you requested a certificate of attendance, we will send it to you as a separate email message.
- If you want to join the VWMC, simply send your name, water-monitoring affiliation (if applicable), and contact information (email address, mailing address, and phone number) to email@example.com. Members receive a set of announcements via email each week. The announcements provide information about upcoming water-related events, job openings, publications, and more (see examples in the left-hand column under “Recent News.”).
QUESTIONS? If you have questions regarding the conference, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT: The VWMC is proud to honor the memory of longtime VWMC Steering Committee member Ken Brooks by offering a scholarship in his name to cover the conference registration fee. This year’s scholarship recipient is DaShelle Demps, who is majoring in Biology at Norfolk State University. Congratulations DaShelle!
PARTNERS: Thank you to our conference partners!
RECENT CONFERENCES: To view the presentation slides from past VWMC conferences, click the link below for the respective year.