2021 VWMC Conference
VIRTUAL EVENT: With increasing COVID cases, we have shifted to a completely virtual format via WebEx.
PROGRAM: Presentations run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. We have scheduled brief morning and afternoon breaks, and 1.5 hours for lunch. A draft agenda is shown below: (subject to change)
- Keynote Speaker: The Great Decoupling Between Water Use and Growth – Brian Richter, Sustainable Waters
- Spatial and Temporal Patterns in Streamflow, Water-Chemistry, and Benthic Macroinvertebrates of Selected Streams in Fairfax County, Virginia, 2007-2018 – Aaron Porter, U.S. Geological Survey
- The Virginia Association of Soil & Water Conservation Districts (VASWCD): Promoting Conservation Across Virginia’s Various Landscapes – Maura Christian, VASWCD
- Stormwater Management Impacts on Virginia’s Solar Farms – Erin Belt, Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- In-situ PCB/PAH Remediation Using Sediment Amendments: State of the Art and Lessons from Full-scale Projects – Upal Ghosh, University of Maryland (Baltimore County)
- Ecology and Conservation of Vernal Pools – Michael S. Hayslett, Virginia Vernal Pools, LLC
- Expanding Use of Community-Based Data on a Regional Scale – Liz Chudoba, Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay
- Fun and Educational Activity to Teach Youth about Water Quality and Its Importance – Daina Henry, Peninsula Master Naturalist Water Quality Team
REGISTRATION: Registration requires completing the online form here and paying via check or credit card. If you have problems with registration or are registering a group of people, contact Sophie Stern at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-793-8792.
- Registration closes Tuesday, September 28, 2021.
- Registration Fee: $40 — No refunds will be provided. The entire conference will be recorded, and all who register will receive a link to the recording following the conference.
SCHOLARSHIPS: Available to full-time college students. Click here to complete an online scholarship application form. Application deadline: September 10, 2021.
- Ken Brooks Scholarships — The VWMC is proud to honor the memory of longtime VWMC Steering Committee member Ken Brooks by offering scholarships in his name to cover the conference registration fees for two college students.
- Water Center Scholarships – The Virginia Water Resources Research Center (Water Center) is providing five scholarships to college students to cover their conference registration fees.
SPONSORS WELCOMED! Contact email@example.com if interested in sponsoring the conference. We are accepting sponsorships of $100 or more for the conference. Conference sponsors will be recognized on all promotional materials.
QUESTIONS? If you have questions regarding the conference, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PARTNERS: Thank you to our conference partners!
RECENT CONFERENCES: To learn more about past VWMC conferences, click the link below for the respective year.