2021 VWMC Conference
September 30, 2021 (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
Thank you to all who made the 2021 VWMC Conference a success.
- Keynote Speaker: The Great Decoupling Between Water Use and Growth – Brian Richter, Sustainable Waters
- Spatial and Temporal Patterns in Streamflow, Water-Chemistry, and Benthic Macroinvertebrates of Selected Streams in Fairfax County, Virginia, 2007-2018 – Aaron Porter, U.S. Geological Survey
- The Virginia Association of Soil & Water Conservation Districts (VASWCD): Promoting Conservation Across Virginia’s Various Landscapes – Maura Christian, VASWCD
- Stormwater Management Impacts on Virginia’s Solar Farms – Erin Belt, Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- In-situ PCB/PAH Remediation Using Sediment Amendments: State of the Art and Lessons from Full-scale Projects – Upal Ghosh, University of Maryland (Baltimore County)
- Ecology and Conservation of Vernal Pools – Michael S. Hayslett, Virginia Vernal Pools, LLC
- Expanding Use of Community-Based Data on a Regional Scale – Liz Chudoba, Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay
- Fun and Educational Activity to Teach Youth about Water Quality and Its Importance – Daina Henry, Peninsula Master Naturalist Water Quality Team
SCHOLARSHIPS: Awarded to full-time college students. Congratulations to the 2021 scholarship recipients. We look forward to your participation in this year’s conference.
Ken Brooks Scholarships — The VWMC is proud to honor the memory of longtime VWMC Steering Committee member Ken Brooks by offering scholarships in his name to cover the conference registration fees for two college students. The recipients of the 2021 Ken Brooks Scholarships are:
- McKenna Dunbar, Environmental Studies/Business Administration, University of Richmond
- Max Moran, Environmental Science/Environmental Thought and Practice, University of Virginia
Water Center Scholarships – The Virginia Water Resources Research Center (Water Center) is providing five scholarships to college students to cover their conference registration fees. The Water Center’s scholarship recipients are:
- Abigail Belvin, Entomology, Virginia Tech
- Liz Buikema, Environmental Studies, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Joshua Mouser, Fisheries and Wildlife Science, Virginia Tech
- Zachary Perkins, Environmental Sciences, University of Virginia
- Julia Portmann, Biology, James Madison University
PARTNERS: Thank you to our conference partners!
RECENT CONFERENCES: To learn more about past VWMC conferences, click the link below for the respective year.