2022 VWMC Conference
August 4, 2022 (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
Henrico County Training Center
7701 East Parham Road, Henrico, VA 23228
Thank you to all who made the 2022 VWMC Conference a success.
- Virginia’s Recently Updated Recreational Bacteria Criteria — Tish Robertson, Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- Keep it Fresh: Crowdsourced Chloride Monitoring with Salt Watch — Samantha Briggs, Izaak Walton League of America
- Chesapeake Bay Landscape Professionals: Growing a Network of Certified Stormwater and Sustainable Landscape Partners for Clean and Healthy Watersheds — Shereen Hughes, Wetlands Watch and Chesapeake Bay Landscape Professional
- Instream Litter Control through a Local Government Program — Tim Hughes, Prince William County Department of Public Works
- Taylor Run: A Stream Worth Protecting and Preserving — Bill Gillespie and Russ Bailey, The Taylor Run Monitoring Team
- KEYNOTE ADDRESS: Integrating Sensor Networks and Simulation Modeling to Forecast Drinking Water Quality — Cayelan Carey, Biological Sciences, Virginia Tech
- Drinking Water & Health in Rural Appalachia — Alasdair Cohen, Population Health Sciences, Virginia Tech
- PFAS in Virginia: An Update — Tony Singh, Virginia Department of Health
- Collaborating for Cleaner Water in the Commonwealth — Stacey Bradshaw, USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
Ken Brooks Scholarships — The VWMC provided two scholarships in memory of longtime VWMC Steering Committee member Ken Brooks. The recipients of the 2022 Ken Brooks Scholarships were:
- Amanda Huskey, Information Technology, Old Dominion University
- Ella DiPetto, Biological Sciences, Old Dominion University.
SPONSORS: Thank you to our conference exhibitor and partners!