2020 VWMC Conference
September 21-22, 2020
The 2020 VWMC Conference was a virtual event. A recording of the Conference is available on our YouTube Channel, here. The agenda included the following topics and speakers.
- Keynote Address: Coastal Adaptation and Protection in Virginia – Ann Phillips, Special Assistant for Coastal Adaptation and Protection for the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Coastal Resilience and Living Shorelines – Scott Hardaway, Virginia Institute of Marine Science, College of William and Mary
- Combatting Plastic Pollution: New Developments in Virginia – Katie Register, Clean Virginia Waterways at Longwood University
- Water Scavenging from Roadside Springs in Central Appalachia – Leigh-Anne Krometis, Department of Biological Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech
- Using Source Tracking Data to Identify Sewer Contamination and Sources – Raul Gonzalez, Hampton Roads Sanitation District
- Crowdsourcing Chloride Data: Winter Salt Watch – Emily Bialowas, Izaak Walton League of America
- Assessing Aquatic Life Use in Virginia – Mike Shaver, Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
FOLLOW-UP INFORMATION: A link to the recordings was sent to all participants.
QUESTIONS? If you have questions regarding the conference, contact: email@example.com.
PARTNERS: Thank you to our conference partners!