“Exploring Emerging Water Issues”
April 10, 2019
Henrico County Training Center, Henrico, Va.
Keynote Speaker – Ann Jennings, Virginia Deputy Secretary of Natural Resources – Improving the Chesapeake Bay and Virginia Rivers: Our Progress and Path Forward
- The New Water Quality Portal – Roger Stewart, VA DEQ
- The Monetary Value of Citizen Volunteer Data – James Beckley, VA DEQ
- An Abundance of Murky Waters: Nutrient-color Status and Food Web Structure in Lakes Across the US – Dina Leech, PhD, Longwood University
- Citizen Science Water Quality Monitoring at the Virginia Aquarium – Alexandra P. Hobgood, Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center
- Trash Monitoring in the Anacostia Watershed – Aubin Maynard, Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments
- The RAFT (Resilience Adaptation Feasibility Tool) – Elizabeth Andrews, Virginia Coastal Policy Center, William & Mary Law School and Michelle Covi, PhD, Old Dominion University
- Update on DEQ Filamentous Algae Study in the Shenandoah River – Tara Wyrick, VA DEQ
- Landscape Mapping and Planning Tools for Improving Water Quality (Part 1; Part 2) – Karen Firehock, Green Infrastructure Center Inc.
- River and Tributary Monitoring in Richmond – Grace LeRose, City of Richmond
Thank you to our conference exhibitors and sponsors!
RECENT CONFERENCES: To view the presentation slides from past VWMC conferences, click the link below for the respective year.